Re: [Icarus] How the Strategiesin ICARUS

From: Saino, Lorenzo <l.saino_at_alumni.ucl.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 22:49:59 +0000

Hi Monte,

I would suggest to start by looking at this example that is very well commented:

https://github.com/icarus-sim/icarus/blob/master/examples/offpath-vs-onpath-caching/config.py

In your specific case, if you want to use the hashrouting edge strategy, add to the STRATEGIES list, the value "HR_EDGE_CACHE", which is the identifier of the edge hashrouting. See documentation: http://icarus-sim.github.io/doc/apidoc/icarus.models.strategy.html#icarus.models.strategy.hashrouting.HashroutingEdge

In addition to that, you need to specify the "routing" parameter (which takes values "SYMM", "ASYMM" or "MULTICAST") and the "edge_cache_ratio" parameter (which takes a float value between 0 and 1).

To add those, in the example above add the following lines of code between line 121 and line 122:

                if strategy == "HR_EDGE_CACHE":

                    experiment['strategy']['routing'] = "SYMM" # or any other value you want

                    experiment['strategy']['edge_cache_ratio'] = 0.1 # or any other value you want

You can write more sophisticated code if you want to test different combinations of parameters.

Good luck with your assignment,

Lorenzo